ART THERAPY GROUPS FOR HEALING,
GROWTH AND CHANGE
Experience aspects of healing, growth and change through art making combined with group process. Art images are created by painting, drawing, collage, clay, mask-making, etc. Through processing of the images, the Self is revealed and inner wisdom is the guide. Art Therapy enhances physical, emotional, spiritual and relationship healing. Group members increase creativity and problem-solving through art expression. No artistic talent required.
The next art therapy workshop for healing, growth and change will be held:
ReNew Wellness Spa
36 White Avenue, Bragg Creek
Saturday November 27
$110.00 Included art supplies)
Registration by November 19 (limited group size)
There are many reasons why art therapy may be more suitable than talk therapy alone.
- Children are less able to articulate feelings and experiences, whereas art is a natural language for children
- teens may be resistant or self-conscious in verbalizing thoughts, feelings and experiences
- Art images come from the unconscious and provide information that we have been unaware of. Talk therapy alone may be less effective in uncovering unconscious or traumatic material.
- Couples and families may be blocked or resistant to verbal communication, but they can talk to each other through art images. Art therapy is a natural, safe and fun process for families to engage in.
- Disabilities may prevent people from verbal expression e.g. strokes, brain damage, developmental delays, learning disorders, loss of hearing and speech, etc. Art therapy provides an alternate form of communication and increases cognitive and developmental learning.
Session fees are $100.00 (sliding scale, materials included).
Marilynprovides counselling services to EAP and health benefits programs that recognize registered social workers.
Tell your friends about Express Yourself Art Therapy services!